Got back home about 10:30 p.m. last night, got up at 5:30 and spent a full day at work. Any hopes I had of knocking off early died when a board I cover, which meets at 3 p.m. and which has been known to meet for only 15 minutes to a half hour, had the longest meeting I've ever seen in my three years on the job here. I had to cut out with the meeting still in progress or I wouldn't have gotten my rental car returned to Enterprise by 5 p.m.
Saw Jayme Blaschke at ArmadilloCon, he has agreed to write the introduction for "Texas and Other Planets". I spoke to Gardner Dozois in the phone, and he has agreed to write a blurb.
The hotel where the con was held had a strange layout - all the meeting rooms are in the basement, and the main banks of elevators did not go down there. They come out in the ballrooms. As a result, the most direct route from the lobby to the con was up and down a steep marble staircase. The only elevator to that lower level was in the corner of the atrium and went down to the pool outside on the patio. I think everybody will remember this as "The Con in the Basement".
That was the one down side. The con itself was great - the programming was excellent. People were picked who could talk intelligently on the appropriate subjects. I think the con-goers really enjoyed themselves.
I shared a room with Bill Ledbetter and Adrian Simmons. That worked out well for all of us. We all drove in separately - Bill from the Dallas area, Adrian from Norman, Oklahoma, and myself from Mount Pleasant. Since I was a last-minute addition, I slept on a guest cot, but it was actually quite cozy. The con-goer I had shared a room with in the past couldn't make it this year.
I may blog later on details, but I need to get to bed.
Upcoming Short Story Publications
Lou Antonelli fiction archived online
- "Double Exposure" - Daily Science Fiction
- "Great White Ship" - Daily Science Fiction
- "The Centurion and the Rainman" - Buzzy Mag
- "The Goddess of Bleecker Street" - Kalkion
- "Irredenta" - World SF Blog
- "Ghost Writer" - Flashes in the Dark
- "Avatar" - Darker Matter
- "Black Hats and Blackberrys" Bewildering Stories
- "Pen Pal" - Revolution SF
- "I Got You" - Bewildering Stories
- "Big Girl" - Ultraverse
- "S.P.P.A.M." - Bewildering Stories
- "Silence is Golden" - Revolution SF
- "Fermi's Fraternity" - Planetary Stories
- "The Rocket-Powered Cat" - Revolution SF
- "Video Killed the Radio Star" - Apehelion
- "Silvern" - Revolution SF
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Missions Unknown
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Jayme Blaschke's Gibberish
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Amazon
- "Dispatches from The Troubles" - SF Revu
- "Dispatches from The Troubles" - SF Site
- "Fantastic Texas" - Serial Distractions
- "Fantastic Texas" - Tangent Online
- "Professor Malakoff's Amazing Ethereal Telegraph" - Tangent online
- "The Witch of Waxahachie' - April 2008 - SF Signal
- "The Witch of Waxahachie" - April 2008 - Spiral Galaxy
Science Fiction Web Resources
Science Fiction online e-zines
- ► 2012 (174)
- ► 2011 (194)
- Back from Austin
- Review in Tangent
- Off at ArmadilloCon
- Agreement reached with GUD
- Antonelli signs contract for "Texas and Other Plan...
- Contract signed
- Armadillocon coming up
- A good week
- Next collection
- News flash
- Armadillcon Guests
- Armadillocon schedule
- Good omen
- Getting ready to visit New Boston
- Submitted in a New York minute...
- "Fantastic Texas" reviewed at Tales of the Talisma...
- Three years ago...
- Heady company
- No progress today
- Small victories
- Nice call
- Review of "Fantastic Texas"
- ▼ August (22)
- ► 2009 (190)
- ► 2008 (150)
- ► 2007 (77)
- ► 2006 (100)
- ► 2005 (131)
The content of this web site is subject to the following creative commons license: Click here for the fine print