Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nebula Weekend photo gallery

I took my little camera with me to the Nebula Weekend, and here is a collection of some of the best, and most interesting, shots I took. I will write up my thoughts and observations later, but for now, I thought some people might enjoy the selection of photos.

I'll start with my favorite photo: At the reception for the Nebula nominees and honorees Friday night, when John Scalzi - at the podium and out of sight - called on former astronaut E. Michael Fincke to come forward from the audience, Fincke saluted. What is interesting is that Alethia Kontis - in a totally different outfit - also seems to be saluting, although I really think she was fanning herself. God only knows what was running through Kate Baker's mind at all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...